MSE Digital Plan
MSE Digital Plan is the service offered by MMD Digital Lab of digital planning of Prof. Won Moon Maxillary Skeletal Expander (MSE) appliance on patient CBCT.
The digital workflow presents the following steps:
- the doctor or the dental lab technician sends the CBCT and the STL file of patient dental arches to MMD Digital Lab with WeTransfer to the following email address: email@example.com
- MMD Digital Lab performs the digital planning of MSE position on patient CBCT and sends a report to the doctor
- the doctor approves the report of MSE digital planning
- MMD Digital Lab sends to the doctor or to the dental lab technician that he/she designated the positioning guide to manufacture MSE appliance
3D design of digital CAD-CAM structure to weld to MSE appliance to manufacture MSE with 6 or 8 miniscrews
Digital CAD-CAM MSE with 6 miniscrews (2 additional miniscrews placed laterally)
Digital CAD-CAM MSE with 8 miniscrews
The digital planning of MSE on patient CBCT or the design of digital CAD-CAM structure for MSE with 6 or 8 miniscrews are performed following the protocol and digital workflow developed by Dr. Daniele Cantarella, Paolo Zanata and Prof. Won Moon, described in following articles:
- Cantarella D, Savio G, Grigolato L, Zanata P, Berveglieri C, Lo Giudice A, Isola G, Del Fabbro M, Moon W. A new methodology for the digital planning of micro-implant-supported maxillary skeletal expansion Med Devices Evid Res. 2020;13:93-106
- Cantarella D, Karanxha L, Zanata P, Moschik C, Torres A, Savio G, Del Fabbro M, Moon W. Digital Planning and manufacturing of maxillary skeletal expander for patients with thin palatal bone Med Devices Evid Res. 2021;14:1-13
To access the services offered by MMD Digital Lab it is required to have attended one MSE course given by Prof. Won Moon or Dr. Daniele Cantarella.
The service provides online support via email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at the number (+39) 351 5419060